Before installation of odoo there are few required packages list that should be installed on linux/Ubuntu distribution before running Odoo Server.
Just copy and Paste the packages in the terminal
globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ apt-get install python-dateutil python-feedparser python-gdata python-ldap python-libxslt1 python-lxml python-mako python-openid python-psycopg2 python-pybabel python-pychart python-pydot python-pyparsing python-reportlab python-simplejson python-tz python-vatnumber python-vobject python-webdav python-werkzeug python-xlwt python-yaml python-zsi
globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ apt-get install python-dateutil python-feedparser
Some Other Required Packages
sudo apt-get install python-pyPdf python-docutils python-jinja2 python-psutil python-unittest2 python-decorator
To install the postgresql(latest 9.3 version) on linux/Ubuntu machine use the following steps stated below.
1. globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.3
once you have successfully install postgres on the machine your next steps should be to create a super user 'openerp' and assign role SUPERUSER to that user. You can do so from the following steps
2.globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ sudo su postgres
[sudo] password for globalteckz: ENTER SYSTEM PASSWORD HERE
postgres@globalteckz:/home/globalteckz$ createuser openerp
Shall the new role be a superuser? (y/n) y
Now check the list of tables created in PostgreSQL using following command
postgres@globalteckz:/home/globalteckz$ psql -l
List of Databases
Name | Owner | Encoding | Collate | Ctype | Access privileges
postgres | postgres | UTF8 | en_IN | en_IN |
template0 | postgres | UTF8 | en_IN | en_IN | =c/postgres +
| | | | | postgres=CTc/postgres
template1 | postgres | UTF8 | en_IN | en_IN | =c/postgres +
| | | | | postgres=CTc/postgres
Here you can find the table template1, If Yes then run the following command to use this table:
postgres@globalteckz:/home/globalteckz$ psql template1
Type "help" for help.
template1=# alter role openerp with password 'openerp';
You are done here with the postgresql installation for odoo, For a graphical user interface of postgresql, use the following command:
globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ sudo apt-get install pgadmin3
To access your database using pgAdmin III, you must configure the database connection as shown in the following figure:
You can now start OpenERP Server. You will probably need to modify the OpenERP configuration file according to your needs which is normally located in ~/.openerprc. You will get it when you run odoo server with the -s option into your /home directory.
globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ ./openerp-server –addons-path=addons
globalteckz@globalteckz:~$ ./openerp-server -c <your configuration file address>
Frequently Asked Question:
Common problems found on running Odoo 9
Here are few common errors those occurred when an end user run the odoo server for the first time,
Globalteckz is trying to help you out to get it off those issues.
1. Role 'xyz' does not found
eg: role 'globalteckz' does not found
- To overcome this you need to create an user in the postgres with the name 'globalteckz' Or name appeared in place of 'XYZ' in your terminal
2. Could not execute command 'lessc'
- This problem generally occurred due to lessc version, to resolve this issue you can upgrade the lessc version with the latest one (2.5.1), Try the following command to update the less version.
- Install npm with sudo apt-get install npm
- check the lessc list with ‘npm list’ Or ‘npm list -g’ use of -g is for global purpose
- Uninstall lessc with command ‘npm uninstall less’ Or ‘npm uninstall less -g’
- Reinstall the lessc with the command 'npm install less' Or 'npm install -g less'
- Install Node Less by this command : ‘apt-get install node-less’
Now restart the odoo server and check the lessc error, it should gone for sure, If still you face this problem try to remove the browser's cache and restart the browser and type your IP OR “Server URL” Or localhost:8069 (if running odoo on local machine. Here 8069 is the default port used by odoo server, You can change it from the server with the xmlrpc-port=XXXX <Your choice of port>) to run the Odoo Server.
Our Articles related to Odoo
- Odoo version 9 will release soon !
- Odoo 8 migration to Odoo version 9
- 5 benefits of connecting ERP with eCommerce
- 13 Business Benefits of CRM software
- 10 Important steps before implementing an ERP system
- Odoo ERP Software Development Methodologies
- How to evaluate Manufacturing ERP Software and Vendors
- Manufacturing ERP with Odoo Software
- Globalteckz is now official partner of Odoo
- Enhance your Business with Customize Odoo ERP solution
- Odoo Magento Connector
- OpenERP 8 Integration - Odoo eBay connector
- OpenERP 8 - Get Odoo successful Implementation for your business:)
- OpenERP version 7 Migration to Odoo – OpenERP 8
- OpenERP version 8 - Odoo is released - Download now
- (Odoo) - OpenERP UPS (United Parcel Services) Connector
- OpenERP Becomes Odoo And Closes $10 Million In Funding